Planning a Bris? This guide will save you time finding information on the very best Mohels, Halls, Caterers & more. You will also find a list of customs tips and quick links to ensure fast and easy arrangements for your bris.
• Contact a Mohel
• How many people are you expecting?
• Will the event be in a home, shul or hall?
Items that you will need to bring or prepare:
• A copy of the ma'ammar customarily recited by the father at the bris
• Candy bags to give out to children who come to say Shema
• Create a whatsapp broadcast of family and friends to invite
• Bris set – pillow, white pillow case & white baby outfit
• Copy of the Rebbe's Letter
• Wine (preferably sweet)
• Wine & Liquor
• Candles & lighter
• Gauze pads
Child's full name
Father's full name
Mother's full name
• Reading of the Rebbe's letter
• Kvaters- a married couple (segula to have children)
• Until the Kisei shel Eliyahu
• After the Kisei shel Eliyahu
• Sandek (segula for wealth)
• After the Sandek
• Sandek Meumad
• Reading the Blessings
• Giving the name
• Birchas Kohanim
If you will not be using an event planner:
There are generally three catering options.
• Everything from the set up to the clean up
• Providing the food and setting up
• Providing prepared food platters.
Tables and Setup
• Food storage containers
• Garbage bags
• Broom & dust pan